Wednesday 7 April 2010

My new addiction.

It's official. I have a new addiction. It has descended upon me in the form of a game. A quiz machine game. And it goes by the name ... ELIMINATOR! It's not just any game though. It is the most compulsively obsessive thing I have ever seen in my entire life and the discovery of it was a happy accident. My lovely friends and I were at our usual haunt of The Hare of the Dog, our uni pub, and we decided to have a quick play on the quiz machine. Nothing new there, as we quite often do this. Cold pint in hand, friendly banter and harmless competitiveness. Bliss. So, having played a couple of the usual games, we decided to take a risk on a new game. This was the birth of the addiction.

'I don't believe that any stupid pub game can be that amazing', I hear you all say. I would have agreed, until Eliminator made itself known. But now I know this statement is incorrect. It managed to keep us in the pub for almost ten long hours. We drank ourselves into a stupor, used up endless pound coins ... and won three back in return. I am aware that I have just potentially admitted to both a gambling and drinking problem, but I'm prepared to let that slide for now. In the name of Eliminator.

'Okay', I hear you say once more, 'what exactly is the purpose of this so-called amazing game?' Well, I'm not going to explain Eliminator to you. I think that it deserves to explain itself. So, I urge you all to go to your local pub and find the quiz machine there. If it is an adequate machine, Eliminator will be on it. And if you're lucky enough to have The Hare of the Dog as your local, there's a good chance you will win big, judging by the previously mentioned stupid amounts of money we wasted.

I am aware that this is possibly one the saddest and most pointless blogs I will probably ever write. And you know something? I don't care. I'm pleased to think that this wondrous discovery and day got the recognition it deserved. And I hope it gave anyone reading a few minutes of light relief from their busy days. Good old Eliminator! Um yes, in theory, I did just thank the game. Oh dear. Oh dear, oh dear ...

Have a good one kids.

1 comment:

  1. Hi, my name's Mathew and I'm an eliminator-holic. I used to be all up on Monopoly, I won big a few times, but then eliminator came along. It's RIDICULOUS! Like, honestly, you'll look and go 'These are ALL correct answers, there is no way any of these are wrong'. But you know like, 6 ARE wrong. I knew I had a problem when I played it in RISA. That was the beginning of the long road to recovery.

    x

    ReplyDelete